On Thursday 02 December 2004 10:25 pm, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> This is really got me into my nerve.
> I've made Firefox 1.0 as my default browser using KDE menu > File
> Association
>
> > txt > html, and use %U in the application command so that it can open url
>
> correctly from Kmail.
>
> But, every time I run Firefox, it always asks whether it wanted to be
> default browser, I answer Yes everytime. The problem occurs when somehow I
> open Konqueror to browse local file, etc... This WILL BROKE the %U option,
> thus Firefox won't open url from Kmail correctly.
>
> Can I make the %U permanent? Does KDE refuse to let us kill it's konqueror
> as default browser?
> Thanks.

You know, this sounds awfully familiar. It seems like I had that same problem
with Mozilla under v9.2 of Mandrake here once. If I remember correctly, there
was a .netscape directory that I deleted, and I'm not sure if I deleted the
hidden folder for Mozilla or not, then restarted it. You could move .mozilla
(or whatever firefox is using) to a safe backup, then try it. This of course,
was all in my normal users home directory.

HTHs.

--

                                                              /\
                                                         Dark<  >Lord