On Friday 03 December 2004 11:19 am, Keith Powell wrote:
> My computer is badly showing its old age and it needs replacing.
>
> I have been recommended to have an Asus P4P800-x motherboard, the
> specification of which looks good.
>
> At the moment, I am using an SMC ethernet card, and have a question,
> please.
>
> Does Mandrake "find" the on-board 10/100 ethernet chipset of this
> motherboard, or would I be better off still using my SMC card? I
> don't know what chip is used, as it doesn't tell on the Asus web
> site.

Here is how Mandrake 10.1 installed it on my M/B  Asus P4P800

Vendor: 3Com Corp.
Media class: NETWORK_ETHERNET
Module name: sk98lin
Mac Address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Bus: PCI
Location on the bus: 2

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Fri Dec  3 13:04:13 EST 2004
 13:04:13 up 1 day, 1 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.22, 0.15, 0.10