http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/commands/linux_crfilest.html

> 2. When installing applications like firefox where do
> you usually install them. Basically what i am asking is where is
> the "Program Files" directory on a linux system

Firefox is a little special, at least the non-Mandrake version which
comes with its own installer.  It installs all its files in one
directory.  You can choose where, but if you have a multiuser
system, it it wise to install it under /usr/local.

HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *