I have two icons on my desktop for CD-RW (/dev/hdc) and DVD-ROM (/dev/hdd).
How can I get rid of them. If I right click on them there is no delete
option.

I'm trying to get back to the good old days when I mounted and unmounted
removeable devices when I wanted to instead of having magicdev or supermount
muck it up and refuse to allow me to unmount or eject.

Also both of these drives are listed twice in X-CD-Roast once as ATA and once
as ATAPI, they also appear twice in kwikdisk. Anyone
know why this is?

TIA

--
Pete