On Saturday 04 December 2004 05:37 pm, Peter Watson wrote:
| I have two icons on my desktop for CD-RW (/dev/hdc) and DVD-ROM (/dev/hdd).
| How can I get rid of them. If I right click on them there is no delete
| option.
|
| I'm trying to get back to the good old days when I mounted and unmounted
| removeable devices when I wanted to instead of having magicdev or
| supermount muck it up and refuse to allow me to unmount or eject.
|
| Also both of these drives are listed twice in X-CD-Roast once as ATA and
| once as ATAPI, they also appear twice in kwikdisk. Anyone
| know why this is?
|
| TIA

If you haven't already found the answer (assuming you are using kde):

1.  right click anywhere on your desktop

2.  choose configure desktop

3.   click on the Behavior button

4.  under the Devices section--uncheck any that you don't want

5.  O.K.

As far as I know, scsi emulated devices always show up twice in X-CD-Roast.
At least on my system, they don't show up at all in kwikdisk.