From: "Teilhard Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [newbie] Cannot enter KDE
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 21:31:46 -0600

On Thursday 02 December 2004 1:27 am, Teilhard Knight wrote:

Bad news, Rob. I can uninstall the package kdebase-kdm, but when I type
"urpmi kdebase-kdm", I get an error message telling me the package has the
wrong signature, and it is not installed. What to do now?

NO biggie, all the initial packages for 10.1 were not signed properly or urpmi
was not able to understand the right signature. Just say you want to go on,
and it will let you. Or run "urpmi --allow-force kdebase-kdm"

Rob, I am able to start KDE if I go to the first virtual console (Crl+Alt+F1) and type: "startx -- :1". Can this help to be able to autolog on boot?

I wonder if you can log in as root and edit /etc/inittab file. At the first line without # sign, it says "id:x:initdefault:" What can you see for x? Is it 3 or 5? If it is 3, change it to 5. If it is 5, I have no idea. The numbers are explained in the comments right above this first line.

Hope this help.

JT