> Rob, I am able to start KDE if I go to the first virtual console
> (Crl+Alt+F1) and type: "startx -- :1". Can this help to be able to autolog
> on boot?

No, in order to start KDE that way, you first have to login. If you want KDE
to log you right in, you need to start the Mandrake Control Center and set it
to log you in at boot. Well, maybe its a cross with KDE's Preferences/System
Adminstration/Login Manager.

So you are still having problems logging in graphically?

Have you logged in yet, reinstalled kdebase-kdm, and set the kdmrc file to
have the extra line? You should be logging in and out fine if you set that,
and reboot X.

Rob