On Sunday 05 December 2004 11:13 am, David Little wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can't access my T5 with KPilot. Messages shows it's on /dev/ttyUSBn but
> KPilot can't link to it.
>
> When HotSync on the T5 times out or is cancelled, the next time the T5
> attempts to connect it's on a different port.
>
> Anyone got this working on 10.1?
My Handspring Visor Edge works just fine with default configuration in 10.1,
so that I have not even checked my kernel messages. Now the Knotes conduit is
broken, but that is another story.

> Output from tail -f /var/log/messages
> Dec  5 18:49:51 tosh kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using
> address 10
> Dec  5 18:49:51 tosh kernel: visor 1-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
> converter detected
> Dec  5 18:49:51 tosh kernel: usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
> now attached to ttyUSB4
> Dec  5 18:49:51 tosh kernel: usb 1-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter
> now attached to ttyUSB5
>
> Setting Device as /dev/ttyUSB4 in KPilot doesn't work
> If I Cancel on Palm and press HotSync again the palm is  attached to
> ttyUSB6 and ttyUSB7

How have you configured KPilot? I would suggest that you use the
default /dev/pilot. If you can't find /dev/pilot in the directory, don't
sweat it, as it is created on the fly by hotplug at sync.

All you should need to do is open Kpilot, and press your cradle button to
sync. Check for the note about not being able to find /dev/pilot before you
sync, that will tell you that the Kpilot daemon is running.

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA
USA