>      I should have asked last time, what Mandrake version?
>
>      No idea about 'NON CCS Disk'.  Try looking around here,
> http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=NON+CCS+Disk&btnG=Google+Search
>
>      What does 'cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 -checkdrive'  return?
>
>      You might also try it for your CDrom, dev=ATA:1,1,0
> --
>       Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
>                Proud to be an American

hello again.

I should have told you the first time.. sorry. Running mdk10.0 with kernel
2.6.3-7mdk.
It seems like hdd is the problem. But I can not say what is wrong. The
commands you gave me are below.

Thanks for helping!!!
Best regards from Vegard

'cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 -checkdrive'      gives this result:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegard]$ cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 -checkdrive
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a28-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schi lling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this
versio n.
scsidev: 'ATA:1,0,0'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(warly-Mandrak elinux-scsi-linux-sg '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c       1.81
04/04/18 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'LITE-ON '
Identifikation : 'LTR-48126S      '
Revision       : '2QS5'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R

'cdrecord dev=ATA:1,1,0 -checkdrive'    gave this result:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegard]$ cdrecord dev=ATA:1,1,0 -checkdrive
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a28-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schi lling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this
versio n.
scsidev: 'ATA:1,1,0'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: 1 target: 1 lun: 0
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(warly-Mandrak elinux-scsi-linux-sg '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c       1.81
04/04/18 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD/DVD-Recorder.
cdrecord: Success. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
cmd finished after 5.471s timeout 40s
cdrecord: The unit seems to be hung and needs power cycling.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegard]$