On Friday 10 December 2004 09:53 pm, Peter Watson wrote:
> I need a device /dev/raw1394 to access my firewire video camera, but it
> does not exist
>
> After some research I have found that issuing the following command in a
> root terminal creates the device and that it works.
>
> "mknod -m 666 /dev/raw1394 c 171 0"
>
> Now I would like the device to be created automatically on boot up so I
> have put the above command as the last line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local,
> unfortunately nothing happens ie the device is not created.
>
> anyone know how I can create /dev/raw1394 automatically
>
> TIA

Maybe you can create an alias in bash environment instead? It's not
automatically,. but saves you from typing the whole command.

as root, put this in /root/.bashrc

alias mycamera=""mknod -m 666 /dev/raw1394 c 171 0"

--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
04:31:02 up 38 min, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586