REMEMBER I AM A GMAIL USER, CHECK THAT RESPONSES ARE GOING TO THE LIST. THANKS.

Hey guys, a quick question. A friend of mine gave me some hand me down
hardware. He's recently upgraded his computer, and knew I was sorely
in need of an upgrade, so he offered to give me his old stuff. He's
unfortunately a windows user, so I have no idea about linux
compatibility of this stuff. I was wondering if anyone had some
specific information about if I might encounter any trouble trying to
use any of the following with Mandrake?

Asus p4s533 motherboard
p4 1.6 GHz processor
geforce ti4200 agp video card

My friends make it sound like all of it should work fine, I just
figured I'd check with you guys on it real quick.

Also, if any of that is likely to give me a problem, would you be so
kinda as to mention if it'll still work with some fuss? And if so,
what sort of fuss would I have to make? One of my friends is making it
sound like the video card may be an extra bit of fuss, but if it's not
too hard to do, I don't mind.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Amy
~~ >^..^< ~~
I'm a gmail user! I'm still waiting on them to listen to my request to
allow me to disable my reply-to field. If you get this message via a
mailing list, please double check the to field before sending your
reply. Thanks much! ^_^
http://deathkitten.net
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
     ~Rudyard Kipling
"Several friends have asked me if I will again leave the country. In
light of the failure--a second time--to count all the votes, that
won't be necessary. My country has left me."
     ~Greg Palast