On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 19:25, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    Is there any free program available to sample linux on a winxp
> system.  I thought winaxe might but it is for networked systems.

the Knoppix/Gnoppix  range of distributions (and several others) run
from a bootable CD - they don't touch your hard-drive at all - you can
save settings to usb memory stick or a floppy. These include just about
everything you need for everyday computer use, office, games, web
browsing (and Building), scanning, graphics, etc, etc, etc.

There are also some that loaded from in DOS or FAT32 partitions - don't
know if they'll be OK on a NTFS:

http://topologi-linux.sourceforge.net/

or

http://www.phatlinux.com/