Greetings,

I tried to install the Acrobat Reader yesterday, something that worked perfectly under 9.2. However the install only proceeded to the point where I got the following error message:

Installing platform dependent files ... Done
./INSTALL: line 219: ed: command not found
ERROR installing /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread

Line 219 of the installation file reads:

ed -s "$i" <<__EOF__

as my programming knowledge is considerably less than rudimentary, I cannot see what correction is required.

Anyone encountered and managed to deal with this program?

All help and advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham