Hi All

I am still struggling with this digikam thing. When i set up the camera as the
usb mass storage and open the window it says it is conencted but nothing
appears.

I hav tried this:> tail -f /var/log/messages

and nothing appears when i plug and unplug the usb.

If i try and mount /mnt/camera - i get a mesage bo such block device (or
something similar)

I friend from chatjunkies #linuxhelp tried to help me by looking about ... he
ran

  203  lsmod
  204  modprobe ide-scsi sd_mod sg vfat
  205  modprobe usb-ohci
  206  dmesg | grep scsi
  207  modprobe ide-scsi
  208  modprobe sd_mod
  209  modprobe sg
  210  modprobe vfat
  211   modprobe usb-ohci
  212  modprobe usb-ohci
  213  modprobe  usb-uhci
  214  modprobe  modprobe usb-storage
  215  modprobe usb-storage

all which showed no results

I am wondering if this is a USB problem i have????

I also looked at the cameras supported by my version gphoto2 - it does not
list usb mass storage - I thought it should as I understod that digikam "ran
on top of" gphoto2

Has anyone got any ideas????

At the moment I have to download photos on my windows partition and then copy
them across.

Thanks

Martin

--