JoeHill wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:24:04 -0500
Brant Fitzsimmons disseminated the following:

I've looked at the Firefox plugin FAQ, the preferences dialogue, google, I
can't
seem to find out how to configure plugins in Firefox 1.0, in the sense, 'if I
click on a stream of this type, open this player...'.

The default player for Windows Media appears to be Totem, but there is not
even
a mention of 'totem' in about:config

What am I missing?

/opens self up to righteouos zinging

I think you can modify that in (on Linux) Edit->Preferences->Downloads->File Types.

Ya, I checked in there, but there does not appear to be any way to *add* file types and then an associated action. I even clicked on the 'Plugins' button, but again, one is only allowed to disable plugins, not modify the behaviour or add any new actions.

(On Windows) Tools->Options->Downloads->File Types.

What the heck is 'Windows'? ;-)

The File Types area let's you modify the actions, but it looks like you may need to click on a link (within a web page) with a new file type for it to appear in the File Types area.

Forgive me for not using it's scientific name.

*MS Windowicus Raticus* is a small, rat like, creature with very small hands (genetically engineered to extract money from a human's wallet). It is known for it's ability to change it's appearance thus allowing it to get closer to it's prey. Not the most graceful animal it is constantly tripping and falling for no apparent reason.

It is highly susceptible to sickness, at times causing death. When infected is highly contagious and should be avoided at all costs (preferably it should be quarantined and destroyed).

They do not make good pets due to their propensity to defecate everywhere (at any time or place), usually while in the process of tripping and falling.

They are best avoided altogether.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]