On Saturday 18 December 2004 16:47, amalasingh wrote:

> I am a mdk10.1 user. I am trying to access my localhost by
> typing my WAN IP address.

Wrong way.  In order to access a "localhost" you need to be using your machine
IP address or localhost ip address, not the WAN IP address.

> But it just goes to the Router firewall page. I checked my
> router settings(especially virtual server configuration) all
> set correctly. Also confirmed with the router vendor.

If it did not do that, I would be advising you to sue the vendor.

> The vendor says we need technical expertise to forward the
> local server. Is that true? Do I need to have some networking
> knowledge to do forward even my http local server??

If you want to run an http server with a router, you do need some technical
expertise.  Not much but some.  Setting up port forwarding on a router is a
minimum level task that has to be done to operate a server from the router.

If you simply want to access a local http server, simply type in:

"http://localhost/";  and away you go.

--
Bryan Phinney