Dear all,

I'm having some trouble maintaining an IP address on Mandrake 10. In the network config, I configure an IP address of 192.168.0.5, and use an internal DNS server running on a Win2k box, and the ISP DNS address for backup.

When the system first boots, all connectivity is fine, both with my internal network, and with internet destinations. After awhile, even though the ifconfig command reveals the link is UP and still has the correct assigned IP address, I cannot ping any other host on my internal network, and, of course cannot get out to the internet. The error message that comes back is "Destination Host Unreachable". The IP assigned to the box is ping-able, but nothing else on the network is.

Another weird thing is that the entry "nameserver 127.0.0.1" is added to "/etc/resolv.conf". Even if I remove the entry, it comes back again on the next reboot.

The NIC is a Linksys LNE-100, and was working fine for a few days in a Windows box, so I don't suspect a hardware problem with the card, or the cabling.

Any suggestions?

Paul