Hi, and happy holidays to all the listers.

1) Suppose I copied the file 'mypackage.tar.gz' into the ~/tmp directory
   and within that directory I did: $ tar xzvf mypackage.tar.gz
                                        $ cd mypackage'
                                                $ ./configure'
                                                $ make
                                                # make install
   in order to install the 'mypackage' package.
   How can I uninstall it,
   1a) if the dir ~/tmp/mypackage is still there?;
   1b) if the dir ~/tmp/mypackage was removed after the installation?

2) Suppose I copied the file 'mypackage.rpm' into the ~/tmp directory
   and within that directory I did: # rpm -i mypackage.rpm (is that
correct?)
   in order to install the 'mypackage' package.
   How can I uninstall it,
   2a) if the file mypackage.rpm is still there in the ~/tmp directory?;
   2b) if the file mypackage.rpm was removed after the installation?

Thanks in advance for any replies,
and excuse such basic (and maybe silly) questions.

Rodolfo

P.S.: Are '# rpm -i mypackage.rpm' and '# urpmi mypackage.rpm'
      equivalent or what's the difference between the two?