deedee E wrote:

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:31:53 +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

However, now I'm quite oriented to avoid Wine installation if possible,
i.e. if OO Writer can really work fine onto .doc files,
especially now that you pointed out the problem of viruses.
And apart from that, I don't much like the idea of having an MSWindows-like
system inside my Linux box!
I'll be going on experimenting OO Writer, thanks indeed,

I think you will find that OO Writer is a lot more stable than MSWord and has as many features (all of which convert very nicely to MSWord, even though MSWord converts in an iffy manner to other things). The only real issue concerns VBS -- OO cannot convert it. If you need VBS, you need MSOffice.

deedee

Registered Linux User #327485
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"
http://www.wordstar2.com
Also, see WordStar Users Group Community
http://www.wordstar2.com/WordStar_Users/index.php

Just out of curiosity, how about attaching a sample .doc that is of concern to you and lets see if we strike any problems with OOo.

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213