Hi Y'all and a happy new year,

My first crisis of the year began this morning. I finally got round to installing clam anti virus and Klamav. My first scan brought up about half a dozen worms hiding out in my mailboxes. I quarantined the mail files which cost me all the mail I had stored on mozilla.

Before deleting the files, I imported them into evolution which I do not use for downloading mail - dangerous? Possibly, but I wanted to be able to clean it up using Klamav which purports to use a program called klammail to quarantine infected mails. However, I cannot set it up to filter the mail in evolution because the klammail program does not seem to exist anywhere on my system.

Anyone know anything about this? It seems a rather urgent situation as I, like so many others here, had assumed that linux was more or less immune to this sort of thing and finding this lot came as a bit of a shock. Is it possible to get klammail to weed out the suspect mails or should I just bite the bullet and delete the lot?

Cheers,

Graham