Anne Wilson wrote:

I don't use Evo, but IIRC it uses mdir format, which means that each message is in a separate file (mbox puts a whole mail folder into one file). This being so, if you can identify which messages are the infected ones you can safely delete them, leaving all others. Whichever format a mail agent uses, deleting the offending messages, then compacting the folder (in mbox this is very important - if mdir format does it, use it) should leave you in a safe state. OTOH, if you don't read your mail at all in windows you are not going to be propagating the virus anyway.

Are you sure about Evo using mdir format - I only seem to have files for mail folders and the virus is residing in these. What the clamav scan show is as follows:

.evolution/mail/local/Inbox: Worm.Bagle.AP FOUND
.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.sbd/Newbie: Worm.SomeFool.P FOUND
(rest of scan snipped)