Hello,

I have just installed Mandrake Linux 10.1 from an FTP server because the system does not recognise my old Adaptec AHA-1510 SCSI, on which I have a Pioneer DVD SCSI DVD player.
The card is working fine under Windows 2000, with the following settings:
- IO: 0x340
- IRQ: 9
I have been looking for some information on the Internet and found some information about this subject, so I have already tried the following:
1. Reserve IRQ 9 for ISA non-PnP.

2. Put the following line into modprobe.conf:
install aha152x /sbin/modprobe aha152x io=0x340 irq=9; /bin/true

3. Enter the following as root:
modprobe aha152x

The latter command does not complete, the system does not hang, and sadly the module is not loaded.

Can anyone help me with this?
I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers, Laszlo