Rodolfo Medina wrote:

I understand that giving as root a command like

urpmi.addmedia thac http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.1/RPMS/ with ./hdlist.cz

, an urpmi repository will be set up in my system,
and after that the urpmf command will hopefully be able to find, e.g.,
that the gconf-2.0.pc subpackage belongs to the libGConf2_4-devel
superpackage.
Is that right?
Now, instead of using this 'urpmi.addmedia' command,
is maybe there a web site with a search field where I can type
'gconf-2.0.pc'
and get 'libGConf2_4-devel' as search result?
I couldn't do such a search neither at
http://urpmi-addmedia.org
nor at
www.eslrahc.com
, and not even simply using google.

Thanks,
Rodolfo

Then there are old codgers like me who simply open up www.vivisimo.com and enter " libGConf2_4-devel " into that search field.

You usually find these things on the like of www.rpmfind.net or www.rpm.pbone.net that also have their own search tools.

I just did a search on www.rpm.pbone.net for " gconf-2.0.pc " and the very first item of three pages was in fact " libGConf2_4-devel "

Enjoy

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213