Hi,

Here we have an annoying problem getting CUPS/Windows to print. The setup is a Linux box running Mandrake 10.0 Official and a Windows box running XP Home edition. The printer on the Windows box is an old Canon BJC250 which is not a problem in itself.

Now CUPS on the Linux box of course appears to be set up correctly with the Windows IP address recognised as also is the Canon printer. When I sent a test page to the Windows machine I get a message that the page has been sent BUT there is no such message in the Window print queue. The in-built Windows firewall is off.

Print from the Windows machine itself is ok and the problem therefore seems to lie between my Linux box and the Windows machine.

Any ideas please as I am rapidly losing what is left of my hair. :-)

--

Alan Dunford [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mandrake Linux 10.0 Official A 100% Microsoft-free computer Sent via Thunderbird - an Open Source mailer