Dennis Myers wrote:

On Friday 10 January 2003 08:40 pm, greg wrote:

Hi guys. I'm new to the list and relaitivly new to Linux, so please be
patient with me.

I installed the chess program Knights via rpmdrake. When I attempt to
start it. (with either the menu or in a terminal) it immediatly crashes, (signal 11 SIGSEGV)).

Any ideas why?

I installed with urpmi and it set up and ran out of the box for me. How did you install it?

Thanks for the replies.

I set the clock. I think. I had to do it in the BIOS, the KDE interface didn't provide the correct values for some reason.

This is kind of odd. I re-installed using the command-line urpmi instead of rpmdrake, started the game as root and it worked, but when I attempt it as a user it crashes. The executable is in /usr/bin:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root      723424 Jun 19  2003 knights*