I installed the four CDs for the $12.99 edition of) 10.1 successfully
*except* that I could not retrieve the updates during the installation
procedure. When I attempt to update through Control Center I get the
following error message at the point of "starting download of "hdlist.cz
from medium 'Updates for Mandrakelinux 10.1 )ftplu)'.

The error message reads, in its entirety:
"It's impossible to retrieve the list of new packages from the media
'Updates for Mandrakelinux 10,1 (ftplu)'. Either this update is
misconfigured, and in this case you should use the Software Media Manager to
remove it and re-add it in order to reconfigure it, either it is currently
unreachable and you should retry later."

I have re-attempted to update many times so I doubt it is currently busy.

Can anyone please tell me how to "use the software manager to remove and
re-add it" and also how to re-configure it?

Many thanks in advance.

Andy