On Wednesday 12 January 2005 11:34 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> > Any crash you walk away from....right? :-)
>
> Agreed.  On the other hand, under those circumstances it should be
> doable to fix a corrupt partition by using reiserfsck.  Dark Lady
> in the machine, perhaps ? - Anyway, I'm glad you got it fixed.
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

And thats the 2 million dollare question! Why wouldn't reiserfsck fix it? What
was the file that it (apparently) deleted everytime I ran it, and why would
it lockup hard after 80% completion on --rebuild-tree everytime?

When I first did the rescue attempt with CD1, it couldn't/wouldn't even mount
/dev/hda8 after that little episode. (I guess because --rebuild-tree hadn't
completed).

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord