Ben Miller wrote:

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 12:42 am, SnapafunFrank wrote:

Is it possible to update KDE using URPMI? I've searched and haven't found

the

syntax fo do that.

Thanks,
Ben

I have done this but two things.

1. Do it from within init level 1 (? the text only mode )

2. You must install the packages in the correct order.

Thanks for the advice. What's the syntax? Is there a preferred method for upgrading KDE?

= Ben

Sorry. Add to my previous reply, that rpm -Uvh is an option.

However, using urpmi you will need to do:

# urpmi.addmedia -f -c mykde < file:// path to your rpm packages you downloaded here > ( mykde can be anything you like by the way.)

If this seems to fall over then do first:

# urpmi.update -a

This will clean up your headers and allow the addmedia to work.

Once you are ready to install from text console, then be sure that the package order is followed by listing the name of the package fully. eg:

# urpmi kde-base-3.2.2 [ and so on ]

If you are not sure whether or not you require other packages, download them anyway to the same directory and urpmi will find them if needed.

Again, sorry about the urpmi exclusion in my previous reply, it's late and I ought to be in bed.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213