mike wrote:

I have a problem with decrypting my sent messages.
Been expermenting with gnupg. When I send a signed and encrypted
message to someone who has my key they get it and can read it fine
and I have their key and can decrypt an encrypted message from them.

But when I go to my *Sent* box click on a encripted message that I
sent, I cannot decrypt it? Heres the error.

gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

Does this mean I don't have access to my own secret key?

Mdk 10.0
Mozilla 1.7
Enigmail 0.84.2.0
GnuPG v1.2.4

New to this, any ideas?

Mike

Well found the answer. Working with someone off list, turns out I needed (encrypt to self) box checked under preferences. According to enigmail's documentation you have to encrypt it with both the recipients and your key if you want to read what you sent.

Mike

Thx Mike, I learned something new today. I didn't know that was possible.

Charles