Anne Wilson wrote:

On Tuesday 18 Jan 2005 19:46, Charles Lee Ying wrote:

try looking in  ~/.openoffice/, it may have been stored in your home
directory.

No, I've searched the whole of my /home. I think the original template that I made has been saved in place of the supplied label template, wherever that is. It's not really a problem now, as I have re-created it and saved it correctly to my home directory, but I'm still curious as to where that original template might be. They're certainly not easy to find. I wonder if they are saved in some sort of compressed file.

Anne
- --

If you do, as you should, File-Templates-Save then they should be in whatever directory is set in Tools-Options-Paths-Templates.

I suspect you may have saved the original in a document directory, and when you saved as a conventional writer or calc file it has discarded the original. I don't know if setting "Always create backup" in the Load/Save area would help.

Normally if you try to save a template over a previous one of the same name OOo will ask if you want to overwrite it.

Russell