Julie if I may chime in get 10.0 right first then try upgrading to 10.1 much easier BTW do you have broadband ?

What I've done is in my ignorance begun updating 10.1 when what I had was six-month-old 10.0 installed from discs. The 10.0 was fine :( until I messed it up with this "update." Now it's all screwed up. Where do I begin to fix it? I'm sure what I have now is part 10.0 and part 10.1 and missing some vital parts of each due to conflicts and/or dependencies. Where do I start??

thanks,
Julie