-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Meyer
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 4:54 PM
To: newbie@linux-mandrake.com
Subject: Re: [newbie] Cisco Aironet on Mandrake 10.1

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 05:39 pm, Kirschner, Mark wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> After too long a time neglecting Mandrake on my laptop, I'm thinking
of
> upgrading to 10.1 (currently running 9.0 on it).  With 9.0, I ran into
> problem of being unable to get my Aironet 350 card to work unless I
> flashed the firmware on the card back to a previous revision (sorry, I
> can't remember current rev, or suggested rev).  I was leery at the
time
> to do this, as the card was owned by my employer, and I wasn't in a
> situation where I could get away with it.
>
> Does anyone know if the Cisco Aironet 350 will work under 10.1?  I do
> own the card in question so can flash it back, but I'd prefer to avoid
> that if necessary.  Purchasing a new card is out of the question, as I
> have just come off 8 months unemployment and moved cities to my new
job.
> Spending money's reserved for eating, not techie toys.

Assuming you are talking about the MPI350, yes it will, and with more
recent
firmware.  I can't remember the exact firmware I am using unless I boot
back
into windows, but I think it is something like 5.30.  Under the firmware

restriction, the latest you could use was 5.00.03.  I am told from the
Thinkpad ML that any recent firmware should work properly.

BTW, it works great.
--
/g