Another one

On Friday 21 January 2005 11:02 am, Sam Chan wrote:
> through the Alsa cvs, because it is still experimental (only 2.1
> speaker support...)  So that's why I need the cvs....

Okay, I get it, you need the development version of alsa from cvs, not cvs
itself.

> But I'm blocked at this step: cvs -z3
> -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/alsa co -z3
> The error returned to me says something like this basically:  -z not a
> valid option.....

z is a compression option that their server may not support, so you should be
able to leave it out, the files will just transfer in uncomressed form.  Just
leave out the -z3

> So yeah, I hope I made myself clearer than my initial post... sorry about
> that.

Yes.  CVS stands for Concurrent Versioning System and is a software system
used by software developer's to manage their source files, in this case, the
alsa project stores their files in cvs, and you can check them out and use
them. cvs is itself a piece of software though, so you can see how I might be
confused.  Why would a sound driver need cvs to install.  What you need is to
check out the cvs version of alsa.

> Thank you for your help

NP, glad I could.
--