Anne Wilson wrote:

The folder is called kabc and the file is probably std.vcf

Anne

Julie; Margot asked me to drop in and lend a hand if possible. I've had a quick look at the thread in order to catch up. If I understand things clearly, you were trying to do a 10.0 update, but accidentally did an update using 10.1 sources and now several things are broken.

If you're trying to salvage your address book, then Anne is 100% right about the name of the folder and the file (I just finished migrating a corporate client (170 users) over to mozilla-thunderbird a few days ago). Before going any further, I strongly advise that you copy that std.vcf file to a floppy diskette or storage partition on your system.

If, in the meantime, you have managed to install rpmdrake, you should be able to call it from a terminal. I wasn't able to see if you have lost your desktop or not, and whether or not you still have other desktops installed.

In the meantime, you might want to seriously consider Stephen's advice since you'll never know for sure whether your system will be stable now or not, and if it starts acting up, you also won't know if it's due to this or something else, making any possible fixes very hard to implement.

If you have an extra hard drive which can be connected to this computer, or if there's a partition on this system which can be used for storage, try copying your important data there until the system is re-installed.

Don't forget to save your ".Mail" folder as well as your std.vcf file, documents and any other media or data you'd like to save. If you need help setting up a second hard drive on this PC, just holler back to the list or to me "off-list". In that case, any relevant info concerning your hard drive(s), the partitions and their sizes and names (a.k.a. "mount-points"), would be very helpful.

As far as the urpmi sources are concerned, try starting with "main, updates, plf and contrib sources, skipping the "jpackage" source for the time being.

Hope that helps. I'll be around all day if you need help and it looks like you and I are in the same timezone (Eastern), so that should make it a bit easier.

--
Lanman
Registered Linux User #190712