On Saturday 22 January 2005 05:21 am, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Saturday 22 Jan 2005 00:36, Jerry Lapham wrote:
> > In Mandrake 8.2, I was able to use both KWord and KSpread.  They seem to
> > be missing in 10.1.  KDE Help Center shows blank pages for Word Processor
> > and Spreadsheet.
>
> The kde team have split up the project into many more packages which are
> not automatically installed.  You need koffice installed to get these.
> While you're in Software Installer take a look at the other k---- packages
> to see if you are missing anything else you want.
>
> Anne
> - --

Don't know if this is relevant or not.

Mandrake CDs have an issue with installing packages and seeing packages if
certain brands of CD / DVD reader/writes are being used.

In particular you may experiences extreme difficult with KDE files and
programs not installing and not running correctly or not being available for
selection. If upgrading by upgrade function these packages are not only not
upgrades but are dropped from systems in which they are installed, not
erased, just their existence ceases to be recognized.

The DVD version of Mandrake does not appear to be suffering from this ailment.

Frank