On Saturday 22 Jan 2005 17:47, john wrote:> On Saturday 22 January 2005 17:12,
dave needham wrote:
> > hi all,hopeing some one can help me please.im a new user to linux
> > migrating from winxp and i will not be going back.im using the official
> > mandrake linux 10.0. i need to learn the best way to dwnload soft ware to
> > my pc.i mean where is the easiest place on the pc to put them and i also
> > whant to learn how to extract them to a directory and be able to get them
> > to work. this should keep some one buisy to explain.
> > thanks to all that helps....
>thanks john and to others for the info. im tryin to dwnload firefox as i was
an avid user from on winxp.i dwloaded it to my desktop but from there i dont
no what to do.its dwnloaded as tar gz i can extract it using ark but i have
trouble locating the dir and open a terminal to get it to instal.need help
please.once i learn the routine ill be happy