Answering my own question... and replacing it with a followup question:

From: Julie Sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Jan 23, 2005 6:40 PM
To: newbie@linux-mandrake.com
Subject: [newbie] easyurpmi 10.0 d/l says 10.1 - quick question

When getting urpmi updates from easyurpmi.zarb.org, I notice that although I've
picked "10.0 official" from the drop-down list, all the media I get has
a "10.1" innit.  Maybe I'm overly cautious now, but, IS this a problem?
If it is, what do I do about the one media I installed before I noticed??

It's an I-D-ten-T thing.  When you "proceed to step two" without clicking
the "proceed to step two" icon, this is what happens.

So, now, is there any way to undo my installation of plf/mandrake/10.1 with
synthesis.hdlist.cz,
or should I just go ahead and reinstall the whole system again??  I'm getting
good
at it...

Here's what I did:

# urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/10.1 with
synthesis.hdlist.cz

using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 1 (x86)
(cdrom1)"
using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 2 (x86)
(cdrom2)"
using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 3 (x86)
(cdrom3)"
using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 4 (x86)
(cdrom4)"
added medium plf
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86
) (cdrom1).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86
) (cdrom2).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 3 (x86
) (cdrom3).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 4 (x86
) (cdrom4).cz]
computing md5sum of existing source hdlist (or synthesis)
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "plf"...
    ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/10.1/synthesis.hdlist.cz
found probed hdlist (or synthesis) as synthesis.hdlist.cz
...retrieving done
examining hdlist file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.plf.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.plf.cz]
writing list file for medium "plf"
examining pubkey file of "plf"...
...imported key caba22ae from pubkey file of "plf"
found 0 headers in cache
removing 0 obsolete headers in cache
write config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]

after that I did nothing but scream and exit.

Julie

MS is to OS as AOL is to ISP