From: yankl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: newbie@linux-mandrake.com
Subject: Re: [newbie] need help patching kernel
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:57:48 -0500

On Sunday 23 January 2005 18:39, Mike Chalmers wrote:
> I currently have kernel 2.6.3-7mdk installed. I want to update to 2.6.10. I
> downloaded the file patch-2.6.10.bz2 from kernel.org. I also installed
> patch-2.5.9-2mdk.i586.rpm. I don't know how to install the 2.6.10 patch.
> Will someone tell me the command to use to update the kernel to 2.6.10.
>
> From,
> Mike Chalmers

Unless you like to go through the pain you will be better using urpmi to
install kernel. Try to find kernel rpm on rpm repository and urpmi it.
--
Yankl
Tiny IT guy.

When you say pain do you mean running multiple commands to install the patch? If so, I would like to do it that way. I do not know much about the urpmi yet and I only want to patch the kernel? So if you or someone else will tell me how to patch it using commands that would be great?
From,
Mike Chalmers