On Monday 24 Jan 2005 21:39, Dave Needham wrote:
> hi elwyn
> dont mater what i use browser wise,just takes for ages to load.now i no you
> can speed up firefox with settings in about config but i tryed dwnloadin
> firefox but couldnt get it to work.same with plugins like flash.i suppose
> its getting use to linux as i was with windows,

Right.

I've got both Konq and Moz installed here, both are about the same speed. I
don't use Flash plugins for either as I don't want to, so not having it is
fine with me.

One thing you could try is running Gkrellm and when you open Konq you can see
what the CPU usage is. Gkrellm is a monitoring tool, I am sure there is
something else built in but others can tell you what that is...

Elwyn