Kaj Haulrich wrote:
On Wednesday 26 January 2005 21:28, Julie Sloan wrote:

Thanks to everyone who helped with my recent Mozilla problem
(under the header "locked directory").

<big snip>

Congratulation, Julie.  -- Just a few remarks :

You did the whole process as root, which isn't necessary. You can download it anywhere and untar it as a normal, unprivileged user. Only the final step, running the actual install script should be done as root if you want all users on the system to use mozilla.

Thanks Kaj, I didn't know that. I thought I had to be root for it to work for all users.

Julie :)

--

MS is to OS as AOL is to ISP