On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:35:24 -0500, Bryan Phinney
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it straightforward to connect a Linux computer to a MS Windows
> > network, allowing this Linux computer to have access to shared disks
> > and printers on the MS Windows? If so, where to get information how to
> > do that?
>
> Paul, certainly not to nitpick but you probably need to give a little more
> info about what kind of Windows network you want to attach to.  Domain level
> security is very different than connecting to a simple windows share network
> and Active Directory increases the complexity.
>
> Also, it is important to specify if you are the Admin of the Windows network
> in question and also if you have either permission or cooperation from said
> admin if you are not it.

Bryan,

In truth, my post was motivated by the fact that I would like to
convince the system administrator at my work that there is no
significant reason to not connect Linux computers to the MS Windows
network. He said that he has heard some people claiming that samba has
some problems with achieving the goal of having Linux computers
running inside a MS Windows network.

Thanks to you and to Derek for the information given to me.

Regards,

Paul

PS: Since I am a GMail user, please be sure that you reply to the list.