I have 1 harddrive and 10.0mdk and 10.1mdk installed on it.

I use lilo as my boot manager and installed in mbr.

The lilo.conf on my 10.0 side is the one I use and have a entry like
so in my lilo.conf for 10.1 side...

image=/mnt/mdk101/boot/vmlinuz
        label="mdk10.1"
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/mnt/mdk101/boot/initrd.img
        append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=no"
        vga=788
        read-only

I have renamed my lilo.conf in the 10.1 side to something else, so
when I update the kernel on the 10.1 side it could not run lilo (and
 write over the conf I have on the 10.0 side).

Which has worked on previous version's of mdk for me. But, not this
time. Now when I updated the kernel on the 10.1 side it would not do
it because (error 16 could not find boot loader), which is correct
because I renamed the conf file.

This way of doing has worked up to now for me but perhaps no longer.

Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike