On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:57:25 +1300
David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

#Back in Nov 04 a thread titled "Mandrake Linux not yet ready for primetime"
#discussed amoungst other things Voice Recognition and ViaVoice in particular.
#Jack did you try Viavoice and if so did you get it sorted.
#
#I've just upgraded to 10.1 Official and have been able to get my hands on the
#ViaVoice (v1.o) RPM's that shipped with MDK 8.0.
#
#I'v read Volker Kuhlmann's pages
#http://volker.dnsalias.net/linux/speechrec.html and
#/linux/vv/viavoice-SuSE8.2.html  . I've also downloaded his script.
#
#My question is: Has anyone installed this version of ViaVoice on 10.1 and did
#you experience any problems that I should be aware of?
#
#Any clues as to what to look for would be appreciated.
#

Follow Up

Ok, so I started to install the RPMS this morning and run into a dependency
problem in that the file   libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2  is required. I've search
the mdk 8.0 cd's and its not there, so googled and could not find a copy of the
file.

If uou are still running mdk 8.0 would you be so kind as to mail me a copy of
this file's rpm.

Thanks, and I will keep looking for it as well.

E. David I. Taylor

Beneath the Mountain, beside the Sea;
Taranaki, the place to be.

composed using Sylpheed, sent from a 100% Linux/Open Source computer featuring
Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586 kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk
& @  13:19:35 up 1 day,  2:30,  1 user,  load average: 1.04, 1.18, 1.28
if replying please leave the filter code,
ie [] & contents, in subject line