Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Sorry for taking so long to respond - I kind of forgot about this one. One way you can stop an item from apreaing in the menu is to delete the file for that item in /usr/lib/menu. But when you upgrande the package, it will probably be back. You could try creating an empty menu entry, and see how that works.

Now, for some more reading on the topic, you may want to take a look at /usr/share/doc/menu - you will find a lot of information there, including pointers to the /etc/menu and /etc/menu-methods directories.

Have fun...
Mikkel

Thanks Mikkel. I've been experimenting with this for the last week or so, and I'm getting close. I've discovered and experimented with a lot of the files which KDE and Mandrake use to handle the menu and I'm almost done with my mods.

Once I'm done, I'm going to save the modified files, do a fresh install, then all the updates, and (Phew!) then copy my modified files back into their proper locations. Hopefully, I'll end up with exactly the same menu and if so, I'll see if I can add it to the Wiki (time allowing).

The folders you suggested were helpful in providing clues and also in eliminating files from consideration. Thanks again.

Lanman Registered Linux User #190712