On Friday 04 February 2005 08:00 pm, NE MASANGANE wrote:
>  Mandrake 7.1 and I want to install the operating system but now I
> use windows xp pro ( NTFS ) I need both operating systems in one
> machine.   1.. How to install the operating system in these situation
> ? 2.. How to do partition on the hard disk in these situation ? 3..
> Linux mandrake 7.1 can support internal modem 56 kbps ?
______________________________

partitions:
_________

 what i did ~
_________

HDA1  about 100 mb for /boot [after installs i used grub/or, lilo, to
boot all systems]

HDA2 about 2500 mb for Windows

HDA3 about 1000 mb for Linux Swap [ put swap as sandwich between Windows
and Linux, because Windows formatting does not always respect
'boundaries']

HDA5 Linux system about 15 gigs

HDA6 Linux system about 15 gigs [ 1st backup of whole system ]

HDA7  Linux system about 15 gigs [ 2nd backup of whole system ]

YMMV

best rgds