On Friday 04 February 2005 12:00 pm, NE MASANGANE wrote:
> [...]

My advice--don't.

|     2.. How to do partition on the hard disk in these situation ?

Not with 7.1--it's partition tool doesn't understand ntfs.  You need a more
modern system (7.1 is roughly equivalent to Win98).  I would recommend at
least Mandrake 9.1.  Anything less and you will have extreme configuration
problems.
|     3.. Linux mandrake 7.1 can support internal modem 56 kbps ?

Likely, you have a WinModem.  These are WINDOWS modems, designed to use the
operating system.  Some of these can be configured and some can't--drivers
may be available-- that work with Linux (hence the term "LinModem", but if
you install Mandrake 10 and above with the 2.6 kernel you "may" have to
compile the drivers yourself.  These drivers are for a specific kernel, and
you may not be able to download an exact match for your kernel (I just went
through this).  That is another advantage of the older 9.1 and 9.2--they have
the 2.4 kernel and if your modem happens to be a LinModem the drivers for
whatever kernel you have will be available to download as a package--no
compiling.
Have a look at           http://www.linmodems.org