Hi, all --

I am the one who needed to allow users to ftp various web documents to their home
directories and then have them visible on
the web.  Several of you answered me that one should put these web documents into the
public_html directory and to be sure
that the UserDir public_html statement existed in the httpd.conf file.

Well, I did this.  Users have public_html directories on their home directories, and
these directories have html stuff in them.
But when I try to go to the directory, I get the "Forbidden" message.  Clearly the
directory exists, and there is html there.  But I
can't see it.

I suspect that there is some configuration step that needs to be done in order to tell
the browser that the "public_html"
directory is, in fact, public.  Can anybody advise me what it is?

Thanks.

Cheers,
pete

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115

Phone: [216] 697-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7175