On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:53:17 -0800, Ken Wilson wrote:

>Are the permissions for the directories you want people to be able to
>access world readable?  This is necessary otherwise only the owner of
>the parent directory will be able to see anything in it.
>
>Ken Wilson
>First Law of Optimisation: The speed of a non-working program is
>irrelevant
>(Steve Heller, 'Efficient C/C++ Programming')
***********snip***************

Hi --

This is what I thought was the problem.  However, I can't find any place in either
LinuxConf or the httpd.conf file where one sets
the permissions or where one can change those permissions.  Can you point me in that
direction?

Thanks.

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115

Phone: [216] 697-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7175