On February 8, 2005 16:25, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 Feb 2005 21:09, Ron Hunter-Duvar wrote:
> > On February 8, 2005 00:30, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >
> > > I meant the Community TWiki :-)  Look at
> > > http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/DVDDriVes.  That page is a
> > > child page of http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/Hardware
> > > Compatibility, which you might also want to look at (use the tree link
> > > near the top of the page).

> > Actually, that link should be:
> >
> > http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/HardwareCompatibility
> >
> > (without the space between "Hardware" and "Compability")
>
> Thanks Ron - fingers in a twist again :-)
>
> Anne

That's okay. I only noticed because I clicked the link and got "This Wiki
topic does not exist yet". I have a few entries I should make myself, but
haven't gotten around to it yet.

You may have noticed that I didn't do so well typing "Compatibility" in my
reply either 8^).

Know what I'd like to see? A script or wizard that would extract all known
hardware info and bring up a list for you to check off "worked first time",
"worked with tweaking" (and a place to describe the tweak), or "couldn't get
it working", and maybe a "don't know" (not ideal, but it's bound to come up),
then send the completed list to a database somewhere that is publicly
queryable. Right now it's too much work to report all the hardware, so most
people don't bother. Of course, nowadays most of the hardware just works, so
it's less of an issue.

--
Ron
ronhd at users dot sourceforge dot net

Opinions expressed here are all mine.

"As you know, necessity is the mother of invention.
I don't know who the father is. Remorse, I guess." - Red Green