-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Erylon Hines
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 7:59 AM

Exactly my thoughts.  I've had this problem with the Lucent chip modems
with
kernel 2.6.x.  The versions must match exactly (as well as the gcc
version
that the kernel and driver are compiled against).  If you can afford an
external SERIAL modem get one, because every time the kernel changes the

Winmodem driver must be changed also.  It is truly a PITA.

Ok I will try to find a US Robotics external modem I just want to make
sure that's good

Thank you all

Mohammed